logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cybergirl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:29:46 PM(UTC)

At 59, Queen Noor looks pretty youthful. She was always elegant looking and managed to keep her skin in great condition.
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline dao  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:42:39 PM(UTC)

I didn't know who she was, but that's the youngest 59 yr old I've seen. I would believe it if you told me she was 40-45.
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:52:59 PM(UTC)

Good genes and a rich husband
Offline Nim  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:40:42 PM(UTC)

Yeah.....good genes, rich husband,...and maybe some filler!
Skygirl5 from MMH
Offline Chris K  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:41:32 PM(UTC)

Woman
she gets an A+.

thick skin + a good surgeon + thick hair

Offline Julia Ione  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:56:13 PM(UTC)

Woman
dao wrote:
I didn't know who she was, but that's the youngest 59 yr old I've seen. I would believe it if you told me she was 40-45.

Wow!!! she looks fabulous. i want to be her when i grow up.
Offline Sarah W  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:12:05 PM(UTC)

Woman
Yes and a face full of character to boot
Offline rm1961  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:39:38 AM(UTC)

Woman
Looks like she practices sun avoidance which can't be an easy feat in Jordan.
Offline kk25  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:13:05 AM(UTC)

She looks great.
Offline Sue  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:38:31 AM(UTC)

Woman
Here is Jordan's *other* queen, Queen Rania. This pic is from 2008. I believe she is 39 now. Both are gorgeous.

UserPostedImage
Offline Larazelle  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:02:24 AM(UTC)

Both the Queens have kept themselves up - to the "standards" of Jordan - LOL - The reason I say this is that I had a wonderful Jordanian roommate who had lived most of her life in the US (she came here at 2) and would go back to Jordan to visit - and was always glad when she returned to the US - she hated always having to "dress up" even to go grocery shopping - she said that most of the women were very superficial and obsessed with looking perfect all the time - this also brought out the competition amongst them and so she did not have any close Jordanian friends there - I know a lot of Europeans and they always make fun of us Americans for being "slobs" in the way we dress - but I love the freedom in dressing in this country - you don't have to worry about what to wear when you go to Shaws Supermarket - right MissJ? No Fashion Police scrutinizes you to see if you have committed a faux pax - We have other more profound things to worry about - and of course if you want to dress up then you can - but to have the "burden" of always making sure your purse and shoes match and having every hair in place is exhausting and also boring after a while - More power to Dressed Down Americans - Its a great country - LOL
Offline Sarah W  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:02:07 AM(UTC)

Woman
We went to Jordan quite a few years ago as guests of the government and although a wonderful experience (especially racing the military on horseback down to Petra!) I had to dress up in suits, stockings etc. the whole time even though it was really hot. They were very formal then.I did not mind it for a while as Jordan is such a fascinating place.I can imagine having to dress like that all the time would be very tedious.
Offline MissJ  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:36:10 PM(UTC)

Not sure if it's the entire "country". Not like that in NYC for example. BUT in CAMBRIDGE where we are, a well dressed female with makeup looks like a GUY IN DRAG around here.

Larazelle wrote:
Both the Queens have kept themselves up - to the "standards" of Jordan - LOL - The reason I say this is that I had a wonderful Jordanian roommate who had lived most of her life in the US (she came here at 2) and would go back to Jordan to visit - and was always glad when she returned to the US - she hated always having to "dress up" even to go grocery shopping - she said that most of the women were very superficial and obsessed with looking perfect all the time - this also brought out the competition amongst them and so she did not have any close Jordanian friends there - I know a lot of Europeans and they always make fun of us Americans for being "slobs" in the way we dress - but I love the freedom in dressing in this country - you don't have to worry about what to wear when you go to Shaws Supermarket - right MissJ? No Fashion Police scrutinizes you to see if you have committed a faux pax - We have other more profound things to worry about - and of course if you want to dress up then you can - but to have the "burden" of always making sure your purse and shoes match and having every hair in place is exhausting and also boring after a while - More power to Dressed Down Americans - Its a great country - LOL
Offline MissJ  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:39:05 PM(UTC)

She went to Concord Academy. I've seen her years back in Concord. When she comes here, it's usually for some Concord Academy function. She stays at the Colonial Inn. In fact, her photo is in the sitting room at the Inn.
Offline Chris K  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:17:36 PM(UTC)

Woman
MissJ wrote:
Not sure if it's the entire "country". Not like that in NYC for example. BUT in CAMBRIDGE where we are, a well dressed female with makeup looks like a GUY IN DRAG around here.

that's true. it's almost not socially correct to look glamourous in cambridge. but the amount of interesting people who live there make up for the lack of glamour.